Welcome to the Euless Gurdwara (also referred to as a Sikh Temple or GuruGhar, or home of the Guru) – we would love for you to join us for some peaceful reflection – including meditation, music and meals!
Anyone is welcome to worship and perform service (seva) in a Gurdwara regardless of caste, color, or creed. A specific protocol of worship and seva exists for the Gurdwara – here are some things to keep in mind:
- Per CDC Guidelines, we recommend masks be worn inside the Gurdwara premises by those at risk.
- Be modestly attired (no shorts for men or short skirts for women please)
- Cover your head at all times while in Dewan Hall, Langer Hall and Kitchen (no hats or caps please. Rumaals/bandanas available).
- Remove your shoes and wash your hands before entering the Dewan Hall. No shoes are allowed in Langer Hall, Kitchen or the Main Hall.
- Bow respectfully before the Guru Granth Sahib (Holy Book)
- Offer any donation such as flowers, food items, or money.
- Sit quietly on the floor with your legs crossed, and face towards Guru Granth Sahib.
- Benches are provided in the back for those who are handicapped or unable to sit on the floor.
- Please silence your (and if you are with children, theirs as well) phones/electronics.
- Accept prasad, a sanctified delicacy made from flour, butter, and sugar. Please don’t bring any pre-made prasad from home. Instead, you can donate any items like flour, sugar, butter and oil to our kitchen staff.
- Enjoy a free vegetarian meal from the Langar hall – egg or meat-based products are not allowed inside the Gurdwara complex.
- Please make sure that silence is maintained in the main hall, and be respectful of the Guru Granth Sahib at all times while you are in the Main Hall.
- Only volunteers doing food service (seva) are allowed in the kitchen for hygiene and safety purposes.
- Small children are not allowed in the kitchen, as there are hot surfaces and frying.
- Please cover your head and remove your shoes before coming into the Langar Hall or kitchen, if you haven’t already done so.
- If there are any leftover Langar items you would like to take, there is a designated spot for that with ziploc bags available. Please only take what you need.