Welcome to the Euless Gurdwara (also referred to as a Sikh Temple or GuruGhar, or home of the Guru) – we would love for you to join us for some peaceful reflection – including meditation, music and meals!
Anyone is welcome to worship in a Gurdwara regardless of caste, color, or creed. A specific protocol of worship exists for the Gurdwara – here are some things to keep in mind:
- Per CDC Guidelines, we recommend masks be worn inside the Gurdwara premises.
- Be modestly attired (no shorts for men or short skirts for women please)
- Cover your head (no hats or caps please. Rumaals/bandanas available).
- Remove your shoes and wash your hands before entering the main hall.
- Bow respectfully before the Guru Granth Sahib (Holy Book)
- Offer any donation such as flowers, food items, or money.
- Sit quietly on the floor with your legs crossed, and face towards Guru Granth Sahib.
- Please silence your phones/electronics.
- Accept prasad, a sanctified delicacy made from flour, butter, and sugar.
- Enjoy a free vegetarian meal from the Langar hall – egg or meat-based products are not allowed inside the Gurdwara complex.
If you are participating in an event, please make sure that silence is maintained in the main hall, and be respectful of the Guru Granth Sahib at all times while you are in the main hall.