Dasvandh, which literally means “one-tenth” is the practice of contributing a portion of your earnings in the name of your Guru or spiritual source towards the common resources of the community.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism, promoted the concept and virtue of Daswandh in his Bani:
ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥
(One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has – O Nanak, he knows the path, SGGS – Page 1245)
Daswandh has since become part of the Sikh way of life to share a portion of your earnings for a good cause.
We have made it very easy for anyone to donate towards the programming and upkeep of the Gurdwara:
– You can pay at the Cashier window during Diwan on Sundays
– You can send us a check made to Gurdwara Sikh Sangat to the address above
– You can sign up for a monthly ACH deduction from your bank directly
– You can Zelle it to DFWSikhSangat@gmail.com
– You can use your credit card at the secure Paypal link below (no Paypal account needed). You can also scan the QR code below to go to the Donation page.
– Thank you for your “dasvandh”!All Donations are tax exempt and you will get an electronic receipt of your donations for tax purposes.
Chardi Kala and Thank you for your support!